School Meals & Milk
School meals at Newington CEP School are cooked daily on the premises and provided by CH & CO Catering.
Healthy eating menus are planned on a three-week cycle and change in line with the seasons, offering an autumn/winter and spring/summer menu.
Should your child have any special dietary requirements, or you have any queries regarding the catering services provided at Newington CEP please do not hesitate to contact Joanne Allen firstname.lastname@example.org
If your child is in Years R-2 they are entitled to universal infant funded school meals, but these must be ordered via the CH&Co website.
In addition, regardless of what year your child is in, they may be entitled to free school meals based on the family income. You must receive one of these benefits to qualify:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (not including Working Tax Credit) - if the household income is below £16,190
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- an income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 if you are an asylum seeker
Newington CEP School is very keen to encourage and to teach the children about how they can lead a healthy lifestyle.
- In Foundation Stage and KS1 all children are provided with a piece of fruit or vegetable for their mid-morning snack.
- KS2 children may bring their own healthy snack – fresh fruit/vegetable/savoury. Year 6 also run a daily tuck shop with items starting from 10p.
- All children should have a water bottle with a non-spill top that they may drink freely from during the day. We provide reception pupils with bottles that they can leave in school.
- All children under the age of five and children in receipt of free school meals are provided with a portion of milk on a daily basis through Cool Milk.
- Parents of children over the age of five may pay for daily milk. Parents can register their child online at www.coolmilk.com/register. Milk usually costs around £15 a term. By registering online, you’ll be able to make a payment straightaway and if your payment is received by 5pm on a Tuesday, your child will receive milk the following week.
We encourage all children to eat healthily at lunchtime to ensure they are alert and ready to learn in the afternoon. Therefore we do not permit fizzy drinks, sweets or chocolate bars in lunch boxes.