Admission and Fees
Newington CE (Controlled) Primary School & Nursery currently offers the following provisions for 38 weeks a year (term time only):
Universal 15 hours
All three and four-year-old children are entitled to 15 hours of funded Nursery education each week, from the term following their third birthday. Parents do not need to apply for funding, the Nursery will do this on their behalf.
This can be taken across 5 morning sessions, 5 afternoon sessions or a combination of morning and afternoons to make a full day session.
Extended 30 hour
Eligible parents are entitled to 30 hours of free childcare per week. To meet the requirements for this funding:
- Both parents must be working (or the sole parent in a lone parent family is working)
- Each parent must earn, on average, a weekly minimum equivalent to 16 hours (National Minimum Wage or National Living Wage) and less than £100k a year.
Parents must apply for this funding via kent.gov.uk/freechildcare
Children will not be able to access the extended 15 hours of childcare on top of the universal 15 hours of Nursery funding, until parents receive an 11 digit code confirming they are entitled to the ’30 hour’ provision.
Free For 2 (FF2) provision
Eligible parents are entitled to 15 hours free funding if they are in receipt of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Universal Credit, and your household income is £15,400 a year or less after tax, not including benefit payments
- child tax credits, and your household income is £16,190 a year or less before tax
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- the Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
2-year-olds can also get free childcare if they:
- are looked after by a local authority
- have a statement of special education needs (SEN) or an education, health and care (EHC) plan
- get Disability Living Allowance
- have left care under an adoption order, special guardianship order or a child arrangements order
Entitlement to a Free Early Education place does not offer a guarantee of a place at any one provider or a particular pattern of delivery.
Session times & fees
- Fees are to be paid weekly, monthly, or a term IN ADVANCE. We accept payment by Cash, bank transfer, tax free child accounts and card payments in the school office.
If Newington CE (Controlled) Primary School & Nursery is over-subscribed,
applications for entry will be ranked according to the following criteria:
- Children in care or being looked after
- Children who have a brother or sister attending the Nursery or school when the child starts
- Any other children where the nearness of child’s home from the Nursery is measured in a straight line.
If you have any questions, please contact Rachel (Nursery Manager) or Jo (Admin & Family Support)